THANK YOU for choosing TTS Granite, Inc. There are a few things we would like you to know about the process of removal and installation of your new stone counter tops.
Prior to Measurement
- Cabinets need to be permanently anchored at time of field measurement. A trip charge will be added to your bill should TTS need to return to measure cabinets again.
- Please clear all counters for field measurements.
- If TTS is not supplying your sink, please have your chosen sink on site at the time of your field measurement. A trip charge will be applied to your bill should TTS need to return to pick up your sink.
Prior to Installation
- TTS suggests that you do NOT paint or faux finish before we remove or install. Sometimes a wall may be scratched in the removal of existing counter tops or in the installation of your new counter tops.
- It is highly recommended that you completely empty your lower cabinets prior to installation as there is dust involved during this process.
- Please have counter tops completely clear on the day of removal for the installers.
- It is extremely important that you have your sink(s), any other plumbing, electric or gas lines disconnected prior to scheduled time of installation. TTS will NOT disconnect or reconnect any plumbing, gas or electric lines. If it is necessary to reschedule installation, an additional trip charge will be added to your bill.
- Should we have to drill faucet holes and/or cooktop cutouts, please know that there may be dust when the installers are drilling. We suggest laying plastic down prior to the TTS installer arrival to protect other rooms from the dust.
Day of Installation
- In the event that the cabinet layout has changed in any way from the time of field measurement, it is the responsibility of the homeowner to incur the expense of any stone modifications or re-fabrication.
- Please have all of your faucet(s) or any fixtures that require holes to be drilled on site on the day your installation is scheduled. This includes faucets, soap dispensers, hot water dispensers or reverse osmosis. A trip charge will be added to your bill should these items not be on site at the time of your install and an installer has to return to drill.
- Many times when the existing backsplash tile is removed the drywall will come off during the tile removal process.
- TTS is NOT responsible for any damage to backsplash tile or wallpaper when removing existing tops.
- Walls are not always even. As a result, backsplashes might have gaps that will require homeowner or contractor to caulk.
- TTS will dispose of the existing counter tops. If the homeowner wishes to keep any counter tops or sinks, TTS does NOT assume any responsibility for damage incurred during removal of existing counter tops.
- Granite is a beautiful natural stone. Pits and fissures along with other irregularities are part of the natural markings on the stone.
- Please have final payment ready at the completion of installation.